crappy mail



my top 5 list of crappy mail (stuff I hate to receive, other than bills):

5) renewal notices for magazines that i've already decided to not renew;  seems like they mail out one of these every couple of weeks as my subscription draws to an end;  it's almost like they are trying to lay a guilt trip on me for severing ties with them;  worst offender lately.... Smithsonian "Nag"azine;  I agreed to a 1 year subscription for 10 bucks a year ago;  now they are nagging me like they're losing their biggest benefactor

4) solicitations for donations;  i understand that it takes money to run your organization; and i understand that it takes fundraising to get that money;  but, if i don't respond the first time, can you please just drop my name and not send me a second or third appeal?  (of course, I do thank you for writing me instead of calling)

3) DISH network and Direct TV crap; i have DISH, so I don't know why they are sending me stuff;  and I have no desire or intention to switch to Direct TV, so i don't want their stuff;  in this regard, broadcast TV was so much simpler

2) the neighbor's mail;  periodically, we'll get a piece or 2 of the neighbor's mail put in our mailbox;  of course, we take care of making sure that gets to them;  why i think it's crappy?  because i know that my mail is periodically being put in my neighbors box;  if it's number 3 or 4 (see above) they can keep it;  but if it's something important, i really want the post office to get it to me on the first attempt

1) credit card offers;  yeesh, how many of these stupid things do we have to receive in 1 week?  nuff said.

all in all, so much paper wasted on this stuff.  ugh!

out for now....

MH