At a Concert.....

I really can't remember the last time that I was at a rock concert of any type.

before tonight at least.

I'm at church with our oldest daughter for a concert with 2 bands.... both of which I am very impressed with.

Redemption 1:7 (from Vandalia)

Their set was 5 songs and they did a really great job with them.  1 on vocals, 2 guitar, and a drummer.

I wasn't able to find a webpage for them, but they are on Instagram (redemption_17) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/redemption-17).

The second group (performing as I type this) is Day 40, a Decatur band.  One of the guys - second from left - is Fred... the audio/video guru at our church.

Some of you may have seen these guys at Decatur Celebration this year on the Christian Music Stage.  they made quite the impression there.

Tonite, there's really great sound out of these 4.

Their webpage is http://www.day40.net, from there you can link to their Facebook and Instagram.


no, I am not crowd surfing.  rather, I am camped out towards the back with the other "oldies", taking in the great music from outside the sonic booming area.

years and years ago, I remember having the AWESOME opportunity to help out P.B. (Pastor Brian Werner) and Ron Heitman with the video production at Illinois Assemblies of God teen conventions in Springfield.  from our table right next to the stage, I took in some awesome (read.... loud) music from groups like Sonicflood.  

so, the loudness tonight isn't bad at all, comparatively.

especially from back here in Section A, Row 2 of "Old Fogey Geezerland".

out for now.....

Matt