Favorite Apps

golly, there sure are gazillions of app's out there for the iPhone !!

and so many good ones are free.  even better!


i have tried many, many, many of them.  and deleted many, many, many of them.

in a way, i am really kinda glad that there is only so much storage/memory on this thing, so that I don't have the ability to be  an "app hoarder".  it would be very easy to accumulate and accumulate to the point where i'd never know what app's i had or what screen/folder i had put them into.



so, here's a quick run-down of my favorite app's --- ones that i use pretty much every day.... at a minimum 2-3 times a week:

-Facebook   (such a great way to stay connected with those I don't see on a regular basis)

- Instagram:  daughters got me hooked on this one

- Yahoo mail

- Google (I google everything)

- Blogger (important because, hey, if it wasn't around, you'd not be reading this;  think how dull your life would be)

- Wordsworth:  some folks are addicted to Candy Crush, others to Words With Friends;  but, this is far and away my favorite word game




- ESPN Score Center:  primary focus on just the scores, with the ability to drill into news and videos if desired

- NPR:  really cool to be able to listen to a current 3-minute news briefing at any time of day;  plus, some of their special feature stuff is news you won't get anywhere else;  and, a big archive of old features is available for free

- MyRadar:  best free radar app that I have been able to locate

-  Wikipanion:  Wikipedia is a really great resource.  period.

- FarmWeekNow:  text, audio, video of ag news (including markets and weather) from the Illinois Farm Bureau

those are my favorites.  I use many more, but not as regularly.

no Candy Crush though.  period.

out for now....

Matt