Autumn Love


we had a super Sunday.

great church service.
fun stuff going on here at home.
good football games.
Cardinals clinch a place in the playoffs.


best part about today though?

It's day #1 of Autumn.  yup, as of 3:44 this afternoon, summer is a gonner.

Granted, we had a super summer, full of awesome memories.  (see my blog posts from 7/14 and 8/22 for details)  Despite the drought conditions in Aug/Sep, it was a summer to remember.

yet, September 22nd marks the transition into a new season... the Fall season... my FAVORITE season.  

that's right, of the 4 seasons, Fall is my absolute favorite.  Hands-down.  No question about it.

why is it my favorite?  there's many reasons.... here are a few:

- leaves change to brilliant reds, oranges and yellows

- Thanksgiving  (which is super special to me)



- high school football

- harvest time;  I love to watch the fields of corn and beans slowly disappear one by one by one

- hockey season!  (GO BLACKHAWKS!!)

- going to Covered Bridge Festival



- heart of the NFL season (GO BEARS!!)

- my birthday

- smell of burning leaves

- wearing hoodies and long undies

- weenie roast (AKA "hot dog hoe-down") at the in-laws



- first snow of the year;  I'm predicting November 16 this year

- baseball post-season  (GO CARDINALS!!)

- head to pumpkin patch with the family

- great sleeping weather.... cool breezes wafting into the bedroom are the best sleep-aid ever... and all-natural to boot

- Halloween (I'm only putting this on the list because of the joy I receive from watching my girls have fun dressing-up and trick-or-treating)

- Open House at school

- Christmas preparations -- shopping, wrapping, putting up the tree, listening to Christmas music

- ringing the bell at the Salvation Army kettle



- my birthday -- whoop whoop!!!  (oh wait, this is a duplicate)


I love Autumn!  Day 1 was great.  Can't wait for the other 90!

out for now....

Matt