Culvers

our family eats at Culvers WAAAAAY too much.
but, it's great food.  in all our visits, I cannot remember a single bad food experience.  the burgers, fries and curds... always nice and warm, if not hot hot hot.  the ice cream.... whoops, "custard".... is always nice and.... well.... cold.

and, the prices aren't bad.  (for the food at least.)  wouldn't call them inexpensive by any means, but I don't feel like my wallet has been drawn and quartered once we've paid the bill.  the ice cream... whoops, "custard".... is on the pricey side.  but, it's marketed as much higher quality than the ice-milk stuff that Mickey D's and the Queen of Dairy sells.  maybe it's worth the premium.  i would agree that it does taste better.

we like the family-friendly atmosphere there.  and, for the most part (except during their busy-busy times when they hardly have time to breath), the employees are always so very friendly.  much friendlier than 90% of other fast-food restaurant employees.

*** wait a minute.... is Culvers "fast food"?  can they be put in the same category with BK, Wendy's and Hardees?  I'm thinking not.  When I get my food at Culvers, most of the time I feel that it has been prepared with love.  When I get my food at those other places, "love" is definitely not the first thing that comes to mind. ***

back on track.... maybe they are friendlier because the pay is better?  the benefits? the working conditions?  maybe they are happier because of the better product they are serving?

they were extra friendly at the Water Street Culvers today.  REALLY extra friendly.  they had a sign up announcing they were a finallist for some type of internal Culvers award.  man, those smiles were shinin' !!

side note.....
I have been to the world's largest Culvers.  can you say that?  neener - neener - neener!  dropped by there on one of my many business trips to Wisconsin back in 2011.  the place was huge;  food didn't taste any different in Wisconsin as compared to Illinois, though.

one thing that Culvers is doing right now that I find very cool is their salute to agricultural producers.  examples:



I know it's just a P.R. campaign, but it's a great one... and I believe a sincere one.


by the way, what exactly is "custard" ??

out for now.....

Matt

p.s. on a serious note, please be in prayer along with our family for a very sweet employee of the Decatur North Culvers.  Her initials are "D.P.".  I cannot go into detail, but she is facing a life situation that requires us to stand in prayer with her.