What's Unique in Your Garage?

so.... what's the most unique item in your garage?  something that you can pretty much guarantee with 100% certainty that no one else has in their garage.... or storage shed.... or house.

got anything like that ?

i have several oddities that are very unique, but here's my most unique.....



a sheared bolt head.


lemme explain.....

on a cold, cloudy, blustery day in 2007, I convinced the lovely Mrs. Honnold to accompany me to St. Louis for the McKinley Bridge dedication ceremony.  Construction was just about finished on the bridge to reopen it for vehicular traffic, after being an ugly, rusty eyesore for decades.

after some speeches by political hotshots at a ceremony on the Illinois approach ramp, they turned us (about 200 total in attendance) loose to walk all the way across the bridge over to Missouri.  roughly a 1/3 mile walk.

how cool!  i still remember it to this day!!  other than construction workers and engineers, i and the wifey were 2 of the first to cross the newly renovated structure.  a structure with an amazingly cool history, if you're in to that type of thing.


along that walk, in the midst of snapping pictures and admiring the St. Louis skyline before me and the Mighty Mississippi below me, I spotted "it".

to the construction crew, this sheared bolt head was trash.  to many of you, this sheared bolt head would be.... well.... trash. 

to me, it's a piece of history.  and a great memory.  and the most unique item in my garage.

beat that!

out for now.....

Matt