Yummy Comfort Food

I had comfort food tonight for supper.

Corn Chips and Salsa.



Somewhat healthy (salsa = veggies, right??), although somewhat high in sodium.

Not sure why I consider chips and salsa "comfort food ".  I just do.

Actually, I'm not even really sure what "comfort food" means.

Let me look it up.  Be right back.....

------

OK, "comfort food" is:

Food that is simply prepared and associated with a sense of home or contentment.

Chips and salsa definitely fit the bill of "simply prepared".  I mean you stick your hand in a bag, put a spoon in a jar, and walla-walla, supper!

"Sense of home" ?  ummmm... not so much.

"Sense of contentment" ?  ummmm... oh yeah!

I am very content with a belly full of chips and salsa.


So, what else do I consider comfort food?

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes.... Grandma Dottie's mashed potatoes!




Chili.... especially nice hot chili on a cold winter day.

Chicken and Noodles over mashed potatoes.... (the same aforementioned) Grandma Dottie's mashed potatoes!

Big juicy burger off the grill.  Better yet, one of Dad's butterfly pork chops off the grill.

And for dessert.....
Pineapple Upside Down Cake, homemade ice cream (PEACH!), and Pistachio Salad.

Delish!!! 


Comfort food is great!
and talking about comfort food is making me hungry!

Out for now.....

Matt