Evita

flipping around channels tonight (AKA channel surfing).

Thursday night NFL game is unappealing.

The Cardinals already won their game today, and the Dodgers-Braves game doesn't interest me.

Hey, look what I found.....

One of my favorite movies.....

Evita.



I remember the first time I saw this movie.  It was over at the (now closed) movie theater in Paris IL.  On a whim, I went over there with Dad and Mom one evening back in 1996.  Didn't really know much about the movie.... especially the part about 90%+ of the dialogue being sung.

I ended up LOVING it!

Madonna as Evita.
Antonio Banderas as Che.
Jonathan Pryce as Mr. Evita.  (my favorite character in the movie)

The music is fantastic.  Everyone knows Madonna can sing, but who knew Antonio could?



Of course, Evita started out as an Andrew Lloyd Webber stage musical.  Shortly after the lovely Mrs. Honnold and I moved to Decatur, there was a local theater group that put on a production of Evita.  It was at the beautiful Lincoln Theater in downtown Decatur and was very cool.  way different from the movie, but very cool.

To this day, I still catch myself occasionally humming one of the songs from the movie soundtrack of Evita.  not the obvious choice ("Don't Cry For Me Argentina"), but one of the others.  "High Flying Adored", sung by Antonio, is prolly my favorite.

If you have any interest in historical drama set to music, and haven't seen Evita, check it out.



No worries.... Madonna doesn't show her boobies.

Out for now.....

Matt