39

Whoopie!  It's my 39th birthday today. 


If you're reading this blog post right now because of the link that I left you on Facebook, I want to say a couple things.

First -- thank you for taking the time to wish me happy birthday.  It means a great deal to hear from you.

Second -- as you know, there is a very specific reason why you are my friend on Facebook.

You may be from my hometown.  Or, we may know each other from high school.  We may have been acquaintances at college.  We may have gotten to know one another since the time that my family's been in Macon County.  Or, we may be co-workers, either now or at some point in the past.

Regardless of the reason we know each other, I am so thankful that God allowed our paths to cross.  You have added something special to my life, and for that I am very grateful and extremely appreciative.  This is one of the coolest things about having a birthday that falls during Thanksgiving week each year.



As mentioned above, this is my 39th birthday.

It's been a great 39 years.  Lots of up's and lots of down's, of course.  But way more up's than down's.

I don't expect anything different than that in this next year.  LIFE IS GOOD.


Being a trivia buff, I was able to find some cool facts about "39":
* There are 39 books in the Old Testament.
* In the TV show Survivor, contestants compete for 39 days.  
* Pier 39 in San Francisco has lots of shopping and a 2-story carousel.
* There were 39 delegates who signed the U.S. Constitution.
Thirty-nine is the sum of five consecutive primes (3 + 5 + 7 + 11 + 13) and the sum of the first three powers of 3.
* 39 is the atomic number of yttrium.  (whatever the heck that is ??)

Cool stuff, huh?


Now that I'm 39, I have entered the final countdown towards the BIG 4-0.

365 days left of the Thirties.
Whoopie!

I'll enjoy 39 while I can.....




































Out for now.....

Matt