Days of Blessing

For several years now, as each November rolls around, it has been kinda a tradition for users of Facebook to post a daily blessing in the days leading up to Thanksgiving.

In both 2012 and 2013, I reposted the list that I originally put together back in 2011.
I share it below.

Thank you God for the many, many blessings that you have poured out on this world, this country, Central Illinois, my friends, my family, and me.

Out for now....

Matt

________________________________________________










24 Days of Thanksgiving
Matt Honnold
2011
------------------------------



24 Days of Thanksgiving #1:  for God - who created and molded me for a specific purpose and who has me where I'm at and doing what I'm doing for very specific reasons, most of which I can't begin to fathom

 


24 Days of Thanksgiving #2: for Corrie (TLMH) - my life partner who brings amazing amounts of love, support, comfort and joy into my life

  


24 Days of Thanksgiving #3: for my girls - no matter what level of success or achievement I obtain on this earth, my girls will be my legacy





24 Days of Thanksgiving #4: for the incredibly awesome responsibility and opportunity I have to pour love, support, guidance and shepherding into my girls' lives until the day when I pass their hand from mine to the special guy God's got out there somewhere for each of them

  


24 Days of Thanksgiving #5: for Dad and Mom, who have poured 36+ years of love, support and wise counsel into my life - for this, I am exceedingly grateful





24 Days of Thanksgiving #6: for my brother Mike; although it's difficult for us to spend much time together any more, I know he's got my back



  
24 Days of Thanksgiving #7: fantastic friends that have helped carry me thru the various stages of my life - so many of them have moved away and a few have passed away, but they all have played an important role in making me the man I am today





24 Days of Thanksgiving #8: my in-laws..... I am blessed with a really swell pair



  
24 Days of Thanksgiving #9: my church homes thru life that have helped grow me, shape me, and provide opportunities to serve: KCC, CCH, GT, FCC





24 Days of Thanksgiving #10: my team at work - I'm proud to brag about them any time I get the chance

(2013 note:  I am no longer the manager over my great Ag Services East Team, having moved on to a new role in 2012;  but, simply put, they were "the bomb";  so many great personalities, so much talent, an incredibly wonderful group of kids)

  

24 Days of Thanksgiving #11: all the brave veterans from our nation's amazing military who have served our country - they are "the brave" in "the land of the free and the home of the brave"





24 Days of Thanksgiving #12: for the many freedoms we enjoy in this nation.... too often we take for granted how blessed we are to live free and freely live



  
24 Days of Thanksgiving #13: for Central Illinois..... I cannot imagine a better place to call home; I love the diversity of the landscape, the changing seasons, the relaxed atmosphere, and the many many great people that I get the honor of interacting with each day





24 Days of Thanksgiving #14: for the great little village that we live in -- an amazing place to raise our family



  
24 Days of Thanksgiving #15: for the family's good health and for great medical care when we do get sick





24 Days of Thanksgiving #16: for my job, which provides well for the family and allows me to maintain a good work-life balance



  
24 Days of Thanksgiving #17: for my education.... a great high school (GO BULLDOGS!!) and 4 good years at EIU





24 Days of Thanksgiving #18: for the multitude of food choices I have to eat, plus an abundant supply of clean, fresh water



  
24 Days of Thanksgiving #19: for the ability, resources and time to be able to have fun adventures with the family and make a slew of memories





24 Days of Thanksgiving #20: for dependable wheels to get us where we need to go in a safe and timely fashion



  
24 Days of Thanksgiving #21: for the blessing of music - I can't sing, I can't play, I've got very little rhythm.... but those of you that do..... thanks for sharing your talents with all of us





24 Days of Thanksgiving #22: for the many opportunities that have been presented to me in my life that I've seized upon and been able to do something pretty darn cool with

  


24 Days of Thanksgiving #23: for the times in life when God has said "no"; better and brighter things have come because of being a patient listener to God's will, not my own





24 Days of Thanksgiving #24: to have a warm welcome at home for Thanksgiving and to write another chapter of holiday memories to cherish for years to come