Fall in the Graveyard

I did something interesting today.  Very interesting.

Some might find it boring.

Some might find it strange.

I found it fascinating.


I spent the better part of an hour walking around a cemetery.

Not just any cemetery.
Greenwood Cemetery.

Decatur's oldest cemetery.
The place is beautiful, as you'll see (hopefully) by my photos below.

Some say it's full of spirits.... the spooky kind.  (Greenwood has been ranked as one of the most haunted spots in Illinois.)

I didn't see any ghosties today.

But, I did see history.  The place is PACKED with history.


Civil War history:





and Decatur history:




It was a very neat hour.

I only found about half of the stuff that I knew was there, so I hope to head back soon.


I'll have a whole bunch more Greenwood pictures up soon on my other blog:  PICTURE DECATUR  http://picturedecatur.blogspot.com

Check them (and all my other Decatur photos) out sometime.

History has so much to teach us.


Out for now.....

Matt