Work Shoes

My work shoes crapped out on me yesterday:


It's almost like the whole end of the one just gave up the ghost.

I wasn't really impressed that much with this pair anyway.

They didn't wear well. (obviously)

And quite honestly, they weren't overly comfortable.


Thinking back, I cannot really remember when I first wore them.  Maybe late Spring?  Like 6 months ago?

I remember my previous pair developed a "wooshing" sound.  When I stepped, it kinda sounded like I was passing gas.  Definitely not an ideal situation around the office.  Definitely time to change shoes.

This pair took me all sorts of places.  Heck, wearing them for 10 hours a day 5 days a week, they covered a lot of ground.

Walking to/fro the parking lot.

Walking all around the office, and making a few trips over to the Corporate Office.

Walking all over downtown Decatur on my near-daily lunchtime exercise.

Walking to the bank, to the post office, to the doctor.

Walking me to library board meetings and church meetings.

Walking me to a couple school events.

And even walking the beautiful hills of Greenwood Cemetery (see previous blog post).

Wonder how many Decatur miles were on those soles?


I honestly don't remember ever wearing them out of town though.  I bought them in Champaign, so they did get to see at least a little bit of Central Illinois, other than the fair city of Decatur.


The pair pictured above met the trash can this morning.  Since this was garbage day, they are quite possibly already delivered to the landfill up in Clinton.

sayonara!  adios!  farewell!


Here's my new pair:

Wonder what places they'll transport me to?

Out for now.....

Matt