P is for Pinterest

Follow-up to my 9/9/2013 blog entry here on MattChat.....

In that post, I admitted that I had acquired quite a hankering for a little app called Pinterest.

Quite a big hankering, actually.



Now, nearly 4 months since that confession, I am just about ready to hit 3,000 pictures pinned.

3k !!

That seems like an awful lot.


#3,000.
It'll happen this week.

Wonder which of my boards will get it?


There's just something that I find very exciting about Pinterest.  My love of photos/photography really draws me to it.  I am starting to believe that it's a much better place to share photos than Flickr is.

Not only can I upload pics that I've taken, but I can pin photos that others have uploaded, which basically allows them to be shared again... with a whole new audience... those that follow my boards.


Speaking of boards, it's so fun to set them up for the things that interest me, such as Decatur, central Illinois, the Olympics, keychains, sports, EIU, Millikin, railroads, bridges, etc.

Side note..... I do have a few "fun boards", set-up for no other reason than to spread useless info or funny stuff.... kinda along the same lines as e-mail forwards that go from friend to friend (or acquaintance to acquaintance).


What's really neat about Pinterest is getting notification that someone else has repinned one of my pics.  To me, I treat that as an invitation to visit the board to which he/she pinned my pin.  And most of the time, I do.

And quite often, I'll find one of their pins to repin on one of my boards.  

Kinda like a circular reference.

He pins one of mine.
I pin one of his.



It's so cool to see all the interesting pictures that folks post.  And I enjoy sharing some of my photos with others too.

To me, that's a super neat deal.
That's Pinterest.

Out for now.....

Matt