Picture 2/13: Valentines

February 13
(picture 44 of 365)

The girls do not have school tomorrow (Valentine's Day) because of a teacher workshop.

So, the annual Valentine swap and party were held today instead.


Here's part of my first grader's collection that she received:


I remember those grade school Valentine parties well.  We'd all spend time in class decorating a shoebox or making a colorful, fancy "mailbox" out of a brown paper bag.

That mailbox would sit on our desk or on a table in the room, then we'd all walk around distributing the little white envelopes that we'd "addressed" at home the night before.


Remember some of those corny Valentine sayings?

"Owl" be your friend forever, Valentine.

I choo-choo-choose you, Valentine.

Have a dino-mite day, Valentine.

"Orange" you glad you're my Valentine?

I go bananas over you!


Hilarious stuff!  But for kids it's a big deal!

I'd bring all my Valentines home and look them all over a few more times.  You do that too?


My favorite of the ones above is "hope your Valentine's Day is sunny and bright".

And may that be true for you tomorrow.... Valentine.

Out for now.....

Matt