Picture 2/6: Space Shuttle

February 6
(picture 37 of 365)

Our 1st grader brings home a short book each night to practice her reading with Dad and Mom.

I guess you might call it homework.

Tonight's book was about a little girl who wanted to be an astronaut.

Take a look at one pic from the book:


A shuttle!

Do you remember NASA and the U.S. Space Program?  I sure do!  It was a super exciting deal on the days the shuttle was blasted into space.  And a similarly exciting day when the shuttle returned from space.

I remember those days well.


I also remember the 2 tragic days when Space Shuttles didn't reach their destination safely.  I was in a grade school classroom for one of them and was iced-in at Marshall, Minnesota for the other.

Wonder where the shuttles are today?  I know at least 1 was moved to a museum.  

The others?  Rusting away in a boneyard somewhere, maybe?

Out for now....

Matt