Memories While Antiquing

It's amazing how much stuff I spot at antique malls that I've come across at some point in my past years.

Most times, it's things that we had at home as I was growing up.  Or stuff that my grandparents had at their house.

It's stuff that jogs memories.... reminds me of years gone by.... makes me smile.


On this trip to Wisconsin, I've spotted several things from my past --
-- the sheet music for "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
-- glass cup featuring everyone's favorite alien, E.T.
-- matchbook covers (Dad was a collector)
-- various Fisher Price toys, like the puppy pull toy and the wind-up clock
-- "Understanding the Solar System" book
-- Cub Scouts uniform
-- metal Chinese Checkers board
-- table lamp with "bumpy" white glass globes
-- Kool-Aid man drinking cup

and these 3 too --




Every time I step thru the doorway of an antiques store, I always wonder what "memory" I might see on the shelf.

It's like a scavenger hunt.  I just don't know what I'm hunting, until I spot it.... and the memories flood back.

Out for now.....

Matt