Picture 8/29: Saw Train

August 29
(picture 241 of 365)

This hangs in our hallway here at home:


It's (part of) a hand saw that I painted way back in 1989.

Yikes -- 25 years ago.


Our art teacher at Kansas High School, Mrs. White (or she may have still been Ms. Markewitz at that time), loved it.

It spend some time on exhibit somewhere -- maybe Tarble Arts Center in Charleston?  or the art center in Paris? Not sure.


Why is it my photo of the day today?  Well, the saw serves as a reminder of all the objects around us day-in and day-out that we walk past over and over and don't take the time to "remember the memories" that are a part of the object.

In the case of this saw, I remember Ms. Markewitz (or Mrs. White) helping guide my brushstrokes in the intricate portions of this painting.

I by no means am an artist.  But this saw.... it's my masterpiece.

Out for now.....

Matt