State Fair Stuff Done

So this afternoon/evening/night, I was able to spend about 6 hours on the grounds of the Illinois State Fair.



I had several things on my to-do/to-see/to-eat list and actually got most of them done.....

** eat Illinois Pork Producers chop.... CHECK (this is my highest "must do" every time I come to the fair)

** get an awesomely cool "I'd Wrap That in Bacon" Illinois Pork Producers t-shirt.... CHECK (not planned)

** see a little of the horse show.... CHECK

** view the butter cow (and dream of a hot, warm, buttery baked potato).... CHECK

** ride the SkyGlider.... CHECK

** listen to a band playing in the beer tent.... CHECK (they stunk)

** see the high dive show..... CHECK (cornier than the corn-on-the-cob being sold right next to their performance area)

** eat Potato Tornado.... not planned, but CHECK (awesome new greasy food treat)

** ride the tractor tram around the grounds.... CHECK

** consume a milkshake.... CHECK (although I didn't get the flavor I wanted)

** take lots of pictures.... CHECK  (I'll post those here on Mattchat tomorrow)



Things I did not get done:

** get an apple cider slushie.... missed this (the Illinois Marketplace tent was closed by the time I got over there)

** play Bingo with the senior citizens;  but, their building shuts down at 5pm (maybe to get home to watch Wheel of Fortune??)

** get a cup of honey ice cream from the Illinois Beekeepers, but they are in the same building as the Bingo-playing seniors

** annoy the live presenters of pots/pans, knives, and cleaning solutions with lots of random and crazy questions, such as "Is that pot GMO-free?"

** lay down in the path of a Rascal-riding senior citizen to see if those things really can stop on a dime

** get to Conservation World to see the guy fish in a tank of fish who always seem to take the bait cause they feel sorry for the fisherman

** annoy the carnival workers by attempting to make up my own rules for their carny games

** chase a pig thru the animal barn

** or a sheep (they are slower)




I love the State Fair.  Cantcha tell?

Out for now.....

Matt