Picture 9/30: Wedding Ring

September 30
(picture 273 of 365)


That's my wedding ring.

It went on my finger back in 1997.

It's only been off my finger 1 time in the last 17 years, due to fracturing my elbow.


That ring represents a commitment, a vow, an irrevocable promise.

No matter how hard times may get, the promise I made on that 1997 day stick.

Period.

That's the love that I have for my wife.

That's the love that I have for my kids.

That's the example that I want to set for others to follow.


Too many people get divorced.  Over really stupid reasons.  Not even thinking about the weakness that shows to their friends, family, kids, etc.

Plus, to everyone who attended their wedding and heard the vow, divorce makes them a liar.


Folks today need more backbone.  
See the marriage covenant as "we" not "me".
Quit getting married over stupid puppy love.

Marriage is so very big.
Unfortunately, many who get married are so very small.

Out for now......

Matt