Picture 10/12: Dump the Kid Seat

October 12
(picture 285 of 365)

What do you see in this picture?


I see the end of an era.  The end of a part of childhood.


This is our trash can.  And if you study the picture closely, you will see the car seat of our youngest daughter.

Yup, she's outgrown it.


It's a bittersweet moment for this daddy.

Being so proud of my happy and healthy "big girl", who no longer needs a booster.  :)

Being so reminiscent of all the times we've traveled as a family.... to and fro, here and there, with the girls strapped into car seats.  The laughter.  The tears.  The miles.  The memories. :)

And being so sad that those "car seat days" are over.  My little girl is growing up.  I will never again strap her into a car seat.  :(

And I turn 40 in 40 days.
Wonderful.

Out for now......

Matt