Picture 2/18: Hospital Sticker

February 18
(picture 49 of 365)

I was a visitor today.

A hospital visitor.

And they gave me a cool sticker:


I was at Decatur Memorial Hospital to visit one of my teachers from my days growing up.

In elementary school, I had him for PE.

In junior high, he taught me Sex Ed.

In high school, he was my Drivers Ed. instructor.


So many great memories involving this teacher/coach:

- him driving round and round the baseball diamond on a lawn mower, prepping it for a game

- keeping the scoreboard for him during baseball games; returning the metal numbers to him at the end of a game and (win or lose) always getting a big "thank you"

- hitting whiffle balls into the gym rafters during PE on rainy days

- him jingling the change in his pockets as we were in the drivers ed car

- being scared to kick myself forward to do a forward roll;  him basically grabbing me and throwing me over (in a nice way)

- kickball games outside in the sun

- him being very meticulous at cleaning off his classroom chalkboard after giving us a bunch of notes

- the smell of his cologne in the hallways of school

Great guy.

He was discharged shortly after my visit.

I wish him only the best.

Out for now......

Matt