Too Much Tea

Wow, you see this?


Too much tea = kidney failure.

From the article:
Doctors traced an Arkansas man's kidney failure to an unusual cause — his habit of drinking a gallon of iced tea each day.  They ruled out several potential causes before stumbling on a reason for the 56-year-old man's kidney problems. He said he drank about 16 8-ounce cups of iced tea every day. 

Rollin' thunder, that's a lot of tea!!


I am a tea drinker.

But no where even close to a gallon a day.

On my most teaful days, I only drink a pair of 12oz. cups.  sweetened with the nectar of the heavens.  Splenda.

See, I do not drink coffee, so tea (and Diet Dew) are my sources of caffeine.

However, I also read this in the same article:
Black tea has a chemical known to cause kidney stones or even kidney failure in excessive amounts.



Yikes.  A kidney stone.  Definitely don't need one.

I've seen my wifey struggle with those little stones, and they are clearly not fun.

So..... less tea and more Diet Dew?  Or some other source of caffeine?

Hmmmmmm.

Out for now.......

Matt