Mom Quotes

With Mothers Day this weekend, here's a selection of quotes that celebrate the beauty of motherhood and the love of mom.

Out for now.....

Matt




A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.  -Dorothy Canfield Fisher

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss, at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. -Honore de Balzac

Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.  -Unknown

A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. –Tenneva Jordan

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much. -Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. -Abraham Lincoln

Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children. -Sam Levenson

Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. -Erich Fromm

A mother's arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.
-Victor Hugo

I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine--she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. -Adabella Radici

My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. -Graycie Harmon

A mother’s love! O holy, boundless thing! Fountain whose waters never cease to spring! -Marguerite Gardiner

We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future.  -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. -Elizabeth Stone

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children, and no theories. -John Wilmot

Children are a great comfort in your old age — and they help you reach it faster, too. -Lionel Kauffman

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings. -Hodding Carter, Jr.

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.  -Abraham Lincoln

When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it's a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway.  -Erma Bombeck

Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. -Oprah Winfrey

God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.  -Ruyard Kipling

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  - Washington Irving

To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.  -Maya Angelou

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his. -Oscar Wilde