Where to Vacation?


Family vacation planning is my gig.

And I have a pair of them to plan.

1) my wife and I for our anniversary

2) 3-5 night vacation for the 5 of us


For #1, I'm looking at a couple options: Galena-Dubuque-Clinton (IA);  Tennessee (probably Nashville)

For #2, I'm also looking at a couple options:  Michigan and Northern Indiana; Ozarks (maybe Branson?)


I am finding it much easier to plan #1 than #2.

Part of that is because my wife and I just like to get away, spend time together, and do pretty much anything.  (other than museums..... I've been told that the number of museums must be kept to a minimum..... a bare minimum)

But with the family, we must find things that the girls like to do.  Kid-friendly stuff. And time spent in the vehicle at any one time must be kept to a minimum.  Chunks of 2-3 hour driving (length of a movie) works best.


There is a push for going to the beach and to Disneyland.

Definitely not going to drive to Disneyland.  That would be a plane ride, and I'm not sure my little travelers are ready for that.

As for the request for "beach"..... Lake Shelbyville anyone?  ;)

Out for now.....

Matt