Illinois in Abyss

Need I say anything more?


10 reasons why Illinois fell into financial abyss

#10. Failure to adjust significantly after 2008

#9. A tax system out of sync with the modern economy

#8. Pension payments are easy to put off

#7. Strict pension language in the state Constitution

#6. Tough non-budgetary demands

#5. Gubernatorial “union bashing”

#4. National ambitions?

#3. A “doubly new” governor

#2. Challenging the “alpha dog”

#1. Years of poor financial management


Read more about each of these 10 topics:


My #1 would have been the same, except I would have expanded it to include ".....under the leadership of Mike Madigan".


I would have had #8 as #2.

I would have dumped #4 and included something about the incompetence of George Ryan, Blago, and Quinnybaby.

What a mess we are in......

Out for now......

Matt