Picture 7/11: Squirrel Cone

July 11
(picture 192 of 365)

As mentioned in my last post, I was in Argenta's Prairie Park today..... taking a 30-minute stroll around the path.

I got off the path a little and ended up under a cluster of pine trees.

Heading back to the path, I heard something fall to the ground behind me.

Turning around, I spotted this:


Now, I obviously don't know whether Mr. Squirrel was finished with it.  Or whether he accidentally dropped it.  Or whether I startled him.  Or whether he was trying to hit me.

No harm, no foul.

But I did learn something from Mr. Squirrel, as I did not know that squirrels liked green pine cones and could "shuck" them like this.

Just like humans eat-up an ear of corn.


Note: if Mr. Squirrel had successfully bonked me on the head with this thing, the tone of this MattChat post would have been significantly different.

Out for now......

Matt