Picture 7/26: Your Story Hour

July 26
(picture 207 of 365)

As we were cleaning out the basement today, I came across this:


Memories from my childhood.

Uncle Dan and Aunt Sue were the hosts of a weekend radio program called "Your Story Hour".  If I'm not mistaken, I would listen to it on WPRS-AM (Paris, IL) on Sunday mornings.

The shows featured really good "old school" dramatic radio storytelling.... some Biblical, some historical, some anecdotal.


Along with the radio program, there was a monthly publication that I'd receive in the mail called "Clubhouse".  Inside that magazine were various opportunities to win a prize, like a cassette tape of one of the radio shows.

I remember a few of my submitted jokes being published, which I think earned me a tape.

And, they had Bible studies that could be done via mail.... they'd send you the lesson, then you'd mail it back to them.  Then they'd send you the next one.


It looks like "Your Story Hour" is still in operation today, as I was able to locate a website for them:

And there are 2 stations in Central Illinois that broadcast the shows:



There are days when I wonder why I keep some of the stuff that I do.

Then there are days like this where I "find a memory" that draws me back into a really cool connection with my childhood.

Neat stuff.

Out for now.......

Matt