Picture 10/11: Cooking WSOY

October 11
(picture 284 of 365)

The lovely Mrs. Honnold and I were able to get over to Springfield this afternoon to hit a flea market.

Actually, we hit 2 of them, as we came across 1 that we were not expecting.

After the 2nd flea market, we dropped by one of wifey's favorites..... the Sangamon Antique Mall.

Take a look at what I came across:


A trio of WSOY cookbooks.

WSOY (1340 AM) has been a mainstay in Decatur for a really long time -- dating back into the late 1930's, I believe.

The station has played a fantastic role in Decatur's history.  No doubt.

I knew 1 of these cookbooks existed (having seen it at another shoppe at some point in the past), but I had no idea that there was a series of WSOY cookbooks.

Until today.

And no, I did not purchase 1.  Or 3.

When it comes to kitchening, I am definitely a simpleton.

Out for now......

Matt