No IPO for Jimmy



Jimmy John's sub shop was started in Charleston Illinois..... just a hop, skip, jump down Route 16 from my hometown.

And Mr. Jimmy has just scrapped plans to go public.

“I don’t think my wheelhouse is comfortable in Wall Street,” said the founder and CEO of the restaurant chain that has born his name since he first opened it in 1983. “My wheelhouse is small-town America.”


Look how big he could have been:

The eatery may have been valued at $2 billion, according to Reuters, which first broke news of the IPO talk in May. The chain was set to begin a roadshow with Morgan Stanley as the lead underwriter a few months later in October, the Huffington Post reported at the beginning of that month.


But IPO or no, he's still got big plans for the coming years:

Headquartered in Champaign, Ill., the company owns 51 of its 2,300 mostly franchised stores, and it plans to open another 1,300 over the next five years in Calif., Bloomberg said.

Read the story:


You know what?  I could eat a Turkey Tom 2-3 times a week until I'm 50 and wouldn't complain a bit.

Good heavens are they tasty.

Out for now......

Matt