Picture 1/4: STL Stunner

January 4
(picture 4 of 365)

Some time back, I wrote here on MattChat about a book I was reading on the St. Louis Arch:


As I was finishing the last couple chapters, a name was mentioned that I thought I recognized.

MARSHALL D. HIER

Then I remembered why I recognized the name...... I MET THE GUY!!!!

STUNNER!!!!

Yup, he even gave me his business card:

(see him mentioned in the book?)


We were down in STL for a weekend stay, and on our way into town, we dropped by the Gateway Geyser in East STL.

The Mississippi River overlook at the Geyser's park was still under construction -- but open enough that we could walk up the ramps.

It was a beautiful, bright sunny day.  Mr. Hier, who according to the book was in leadership for the park's development, was at the top.  We had a nice chat, and he gave me his card.

That was years ago..... probably 2008.

Great memory.

So glad I kept his card.

So glad I remembered where I put his card.

Out for now.......

Matt