Snow Walkin' Talkin'


A beautiful poem shared with me by Dad, written by one of his friends........

Snow Walkin', Talkin'
 by Linden (Lin) Warfel

A winter's afternoon
snow deep in the woods
roads unmarked by cars
daughter and I went walkin'
Snow crunching
we trekked along
soft sounds in a black/white movie
memories floated back
Snow forts
snow angels
snow people
snow balls
kids laughing and yelling
great fun!
But now the daughter's grown
a married lady
a priest
two master's degrees
and sold out to The Master
Soaking in the beauty
of a world baptized in white
we walked along in silence
then murmured thoughts, exchanged
in the comfort of dad and daughter
Time was
she rode on my shoulders
time was
I could toss her in the air in the swimming pool
time was
I held her hand as we walked along
So now
me at 3/4 of a century
she coming up on half a century
we walked in comfort
appreciation
of each other
Precious moments
Selah

I'm not a poetry guy.  But that one..... I get.  Especially as I see my beautiful little ladies growing up.

Out for now.......

Matt