Wondering About Cars

You remember your first car?




My first official one was a 1988 Ford Thunderbird.

Prior to that, I drove Grandma Jojo's 1977 Ford Thunderbird.  And then her 1989 (?) Buick LeSabre.

(read more about these cars in my "Wheels Thru Time" post:  http://matthonnold.blogspot.com/2013/08/wheels-thru-time.html)


Periodically, I'll see a car that reminds me of one of my previous cars.

And it gets me thinking about where those cars are today........

Are they still being driven?  (doubtful)

Are they on a used car lot somewhere?  (doubtful)

Are they rusting away in a junk yard?

Are they part of something new, having been scrapped/recycled?


I acknowledge that a car is just a thing.

Yet in its own way, each of my previous cars served an important part of (role in) my life.

Lots of memories, no doubt.

Was it hard to let each of them go?
Sure.
Just like it was to sell our first house in Decatur..... the house where our first 2 daughters grew up, the house where our marriage "grew up".

But life goes on.

And life is about memories.

No matter what happens, memories will always hold open the window to the past.

So that said, seeing a Thunderbird model similar to my 1988 one or Jojo's 1977 one doesn't sadden me.

It makes me smile.

Out for now........

Matt