Picture 6/4: French Fried

June 4
(picture 156 of 365)

Although I was absolutely drenched by race time, I had a blast serving as a volunteer today:


The inaugural French Fried 5K -- organized by Decatur Celebration as a fundraiser for the DC16 street festival coming in August.

I was route monitor, ensuring that barricades were up and directional signs were in place.

I had 2 goals going in to this thing:
- no runner gets hurt (due to some hazard on the course)
- no runner gets lost / off-course due to bad signage or misdirections from my team of volunteers

To my knowledge, both of those goals were met.

Plus, there were lots and lots of smiles from the participants meaning we all (the entire Celebration team) did things right.  Despite the rain.


Already looking forward to next year.

Out for now.......

Matt