Art Prof Paul

While in a Charleston antique store yesterday, I came across some old editions of EIU's annual yearbook, the Warbler.

In one of those, I spotted a picture of this guy:


Professor Paul Bodine from Eastern's Art Department.

I had him for 2 semesters and have really great memories of this guy.

He was a prof who really knew his stuff and challenged his students (me included) to think and grow.

In fact, I identified him as my favorite EIU professor in a 2013 MattChat post:

I still vividly remember the term papers I wrote on Caravaggio and "The Shawshank Redemption".  I believe there was also one on "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold".


I wonder where life took him after my days at EIU were thru?

I'd estimate he was 54-56 back in 1997, which would put him in his early 70's today.

I sure hope he's enjoying retirement.

There's no doubt he's enjoying the arts -- the guy didn't just teach it..... he lived it and breathed it.

Out for now.......

Matt