Picture 9/9: Harlie's Book

September 9
(picture 253 of 365)

We dropped by an antique store in Mattoon today.

Located in a small old church on Dewitt Avenue, it's called "Little Bit of Heaven".


My beautiful wife found this 1950's Little Golden Book for $1:


During our time there, a nice gentleman dropped by for a visit with the proprietor.

They started chatting it up immediately..... was very easy to tell they were good friends.

The guy spotted the book and asked to take a look.

He almost immediately said to me, "that's my book".

Long story short, I was speaking with Harlie Stanberry...... the same Harlie Stanberry whose name you see written in the book above.  It was one of his books from childhood that he had dropped off at the store to sell.

We had a great chat with the 2 guys before we headed off down the road towards Martinsville for the football game.

I love how little things happen like this that brighten my day.  I don't call them "luck" or "coincidence" or "chance"...... I call them "God Smiles".

Out for now.......

Matt