Seen While Ringing

As I've written about multiple times here on MattChat, I am a volunteer bellringer for Decatur's Salvation Army.

I believe this is year #6 for me.

Serving at the kettle has become a very special part of my holiday season.


This afternoon was my first bellringing shift of 2016.  I was at one of my favorite spots -- Kroger in Brettwood Village.

Dry.
Warm.
Busy.

This was a long shift (4 hours) so I saw lots and lots of folks -- many of them scurrying out with the various makings for a delish Thanksgiving meal.

Among all those shoppers, I saw many faces that I know:
Leslie K.

Cindy O.

Multiple ADM'ers including Robyn, Linda, Laurie and Deanna

Cathy M.

Several from the A-O community including Michelle F., Cheryl, Liz and Bill T.

Dave T.

Dan D.

Plus:
3 from the Decatur Fire Department

Lots of St. Teresa fans (big game on Friday)

Lots and lots of Cubs fans

All sorts of cute little kids, many of whom were very excited to drop $$$ in the kettle


It was an awesome opportunity.  The first shift of many for me as we roll towards Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

#DoingTheMostGood

Out for now........

Matt