Marshall Walldogs



Marshall Illinois is a neat little Route 40 town located not too far from where I grew up.

There are several things I remember about Marshall:

- passing thru there on some of our family day-trips to "the big city" (Terre Haute Indiana)

- had one of the earliest Wal-Marts in our part of the state

- Dad and I laying pennies on the rails at Effingham Equity to get squished by the approaching train

- good eats at the L&K Restaurant

- my pen-pal Sarah Cline lived near there


Now as of today, I have a new reason to drop by Marshall sometime.

Just found out that The Walldogs visited there in Summer 2016!

And painted-up 16 beautiful murals:

Outdoor art is such a cool deal.  We are getting more and more of them here in Decatur and boy how they brighten things up!

Out for now.......

Matt


p.s. The Walldogs also visited another place close to home -- Arcola Illinois -- back in 2012:  see those murals: