Naked Up El Capitan

So...... back on June 3, Alex Honnold became the first person to ever free solo climb (no ropes) the 3,000 foot rock face known as El Capitan.

The boy's got balls.

My post about that event:


Well, I just heard this took place 3 days later.........

On June 6, Pappajohn and Fleury scaled the nose of El Capitan in a day (a climbing feat known as NIAD, or, “nose in a day”), and did so with nothing on their bodies except some big smiles and a few ropes. After successfully finishing the route in 12 hours, the pair officially became the first to climb El Cap in the nude.

“I feel like it has been a joke around Yosemite for a long time — you know, ‘Oh, what if you climbed El Cap butt naked?’” Pappajohn says. “But I’ve done other naked climbs, and I’m a bit of a nudist as it is, so I decided to just do it.”

So..... they used all the appropriate safety gear (unlike Alex) but wore their birthday suits (unlike Alex).

12 hours.
Sunburn?  ouch!
Chafing?  ouch!

Learn more about Leah and Jonathan's climb:

Here they are celebrating:

Out for now........

Matt