Picture 6/3: 5K Wheels

June 3
(year 4, picture 154)

What a beautiful day for the (2nd annual) French Fried 5K!

And what a difference from last year!!

Once again, I volunteered as "Course Manager" and arrived in downtown Decatur around 7:30am.

Was very excited (and relieved) to see that my rather slow golf cart from last year had been replaced with this beauty:


Not only did it give me more speed, but I had that nice flatbed to haul around signs and barricades.


Based on what I saw/heard, participants had a great time and to my knowledge we had no injuries out on the course.

I told my AWESOME team of volunteers to keep safety first, and they did just that.  Could not have done the event without them!

Kudos to the sponsors, the Decatur Celebration staff and all the volunteers who played a role in making the event a success!

Out for now.......

Matt