Picture 1/11: No GPS

January 11
(year 5, picture 11)

This sign went up in rural Macon County in late summer and has perplexed me ever since:


I've looked online to see if I can find an explanation for "NO THRU GPS ROUTE" but have come up empty.

I've also not been able to find any other example of the sign.


My thoughts:  This is not a dead-end road, but it really doesn't lead much of anywhere except for local traffic.  Since the road is near the interstate, I guess it's theoretically possible that someone -- especially someone not familiar with the area -- might think this is a frontage road that might lead to the next interchange.

I suspect that somewhere in the world of GPS mapping, this road is shown to have some type of connection / importance that it really doesn't have.  And..... the sign is meant to correct that miscommunication for the wayward traveller.

Maybe?


Grace & Peace & Love to you all -

Matt