Changing the Lord's Prayer

You heard what the Pope did a couple weeks back?



Changed the wording of the Lord's Prayer.

The Catholic leader changed the phrase "lead us not into temptation" to "do not let us fall into temptation," as mentioned in the gospel of Matthew 6:13, because the original translation implies that God induces temptation. The change, officials said, is closer to the original intent of the prayer.

"I am the one who falls; it’s not Him pushing me into temptation to then see how I have fallen," Francis explained to Italian broadcasters about the phrase change. "A father doesn't do that, a father helps you to get up immediately. It's Satan who leads us into temptation, that's his department."

(https://www.foxnews.com/world/pope-francis-lords-prayer-our-father-change)


Makes sense..... I guess.

But, the big question in my mind...... who delegated the "power" to the Pope to be able to make a change like this?


Grace & Peace & Love to you all -

Matt