The Far Side on the WWW

THE FAR SIDE

In my top 3 favorite newspaper cartoons of all time.


I just found out about this.......

(from December 17, 2019)
Beginning today, thefarside.com will offer an assorted collection of rotating daily strips, as well as strips grouped by themes. Before it was updated earlier this year with a “coming soon” graphic, The Far Side’s website had not changed in more than 18 years. It looked the same a few months ago as it did in 2001. In the absence of an official archive, fans took to posting and hosting the comics themselves. Larson rarely speaks to the press (prior to an email interview in today’s New York Times, I believe his last one was in 2003), but in 2007, he published an open letter online. “On the one hand, I confess to finding it quite flattering that some of my fans have created web sites displaying and/or distributing my work on the Internet,” he wrote. “And, on the other, I’m struggling to find the words that convincingly but sensitively persuade these Far Side enthusiasts to ‘cease and desist’ before they have to read these words from some lawyer.”



The website is pretty darn cool:  https://www.thefarside.com/

Although it doesn't have anywhere close to even a smidgin' of the full FAR SIDE collection, it's really neat to see the cartoons again -- some of them in color!


Grace & Peace & Love to you all -

Matt