Hula Hooping History

On this day in 1963, what was going on in your life?

(My life had not yet begun, so I cannot answer that question.)


If you were Arthur Melin (known as "Spud" to those close to him), you were receiving a patent for one of your creations.  This one:





Side note.......from December 2019:

The Wicker Park (IL) woman who hula-hooped for 100 hours inside a brewery last month is waiting to find out whether she broke the Guinness Book of World Record for marathon hula hooping.

Jenny Doan, 29, had planned to set a new Guinness Book of World Record for consecutive hooping.

Doan was aiming for 100 continuous hours, with the allotted breaks in between. But a drop at the 58-hour mark may have ruined her chances of setting the new world record.



I believe I hula'd my hoop about 10 revolutions one time.  Maybe 12.  And that was enough of that.


Grace & Peace & Love to you all -

Matt