Many Flushes


Gonna talk about a toilet experience.

"Potty Talk", if you will.


The above photo is representative of a potty I used earlier in the week.

As you can see, it's a water-saving toilet, equipped with an electronic eye.

It flushed as I walked in.

It flushed as I situated myself.

It flushed -- 3 times -- as I was...... you know, doing my thing.

It flushed when I stood up.


That's 6 flushes for 1 trip.

Not much water savings going on there, eh?


I know some folks do this:


Or carry around sticky-notes so this can be done:



But should that really be necessary?

To me, auto-flushing pots are an unneeded waste of technology/cost and are more troublesome than they are worth.  Plus, the argument about being more sanitary because of being "no-touch" just doesn't hold water.  Why?  Because the dirty hands that aren't touching a handle are the same ones that are touching the stall's door-locking mechanism.  Those germs are everywhere, folks.


Just give me an old fashioned handle.  Or button.

And plenty of soap and water to then decontaminate.


Grace & Peace & Love to you all -

Matt