Fav Shows at the LST



I've been volunteering at Decatur's Lincoln Square Theater for just about 3 years now.

In 2021 and 2022, I was able to make a half-dozen or so of the workdays.  Biggest thing I remember is helping tear-out the old/nasty theater seats on the main floor.

Since the Lincoln opened to the public in late 2022, I've been part of the usher team, attending as many concerts as I can.  According to the simple tracker I've kept, the 2 shows held this weekend were my 19th and 20th ones.

My favorite 3 shows (no particular order) Marty Stuart, Reunion Beatles, Revel in Red.

Finishing my Top 5 would be Decade of Decadence & Leonid and Friends.


Why do I love spending time as a volunteer?
- getting to serve people
- watching the LST guests smile & have a fun time
- seeing a beautiful 107-year-old theater come back to life
- doing my small part to bring the arts to Decatur
- experiencing artists that I otherwise would not have: Jackyl, Moonshine Bandits, Little River Band, and Glenn Miller Orchestra to name a few

And did you see Marty Stuart up there in my top 3?  I am almost 100% confident in saying I would never have been interested in attending one of his shows.  However, it was incredible, and I honestly cannot wait to see him again when he returns to The Lincoln this coming weekend!


Grace & Peace & Love to you all -

Matt