Picture 1/9: GGF Journal

January 9
(Picture 9 of 365)

Some time ago, my dad and mom uncovered a daily journal that belonged to my great-grandfather (GGF), Burr Honnold.

It's been fun looking thru the journal, containing pretty much just single-line daily entries.

Before I return the journal back to my folks, I wanted to post a couple pic's here of some journal entries.... pages from 1939.

Looks like all the wood cutting on the 18th and 19th wore Burr out:


"loafed".... I love that.
Without TV, electronics, etc., I wonder what "loafing" in 1939 involved?


And this entry from March 15, 1939.  Grandpa Chester and Grandma Jo getting married.  How neat!


No "loafing" the day after the wedding though!


Read much more about Papa and Jojo's wedding -- scroll back to my 10/16/2013 post here on MattChat.

Out for now.....

Matt