Valuable Global Brands

I seem to have a knack for happening across various lists of interesting stuff.

Well, I've found another:

The top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands.


Top 10:
Google
Apple
IBM
Microsoft
McDonalds
Coca-Cola
Visa
AT&T
Marlboro
Amazon

All U.S.-owned brands.
Surprise you?
It did me.

I especially was surprised by Marlboro being in the top 10.  

Biggest gainers:
DHL (shipping)
BT (British telecom)
Yahoo
Ikea
Movistar
Nike

Ikea doesn't shock me at all.  They are booming here in the U.S.

Nike's big bounce?  Maybe due to the Olympics?  Or Tiger Woods resurgence?


Biggest losers:
Intel
Pepsi
MTN  (telecom in South Africa)
eBay
and a bunch of Chinese brands

Wow, eBay!  Are folks tiring of the online auction business?  Or maybe the ever-increasing fees related to selling and then shipping items?

And Pepsi.  My, oh my.  With Coke firmly planted at #6, Pepsi needs to work hard on doing something big to right the ship.


It's a global economy and this is without question interesting stuff.  

Head to the link that I provided above to look at this more and do your own analysis.

Where does your favorite brand rank?

Out for now.....

Matt