Picture 2/8: Kid Skates

February 8
(picture 39 of 365)

It was a great day today.

Dad and Mom attended church with us.

Pastor Wayne Kent delivered an absolutely stunning message.

We all had lunch at Culver's.  (the family.... not Pastor Wayne.... he was delivering his stunning message for the 4th time as we were chowing down on Butterburgers)

Dad and I gave quick washes to our vehicles.

And......
We went ice skating.  
Mom, me, and our youngest daughter.


It was her (daughter) first time skating.

(side note:  it was prolly like Mom's 674th time ice skating)

My daughter wore these:


Great little skates that Mom gave to her.


For me, it was so very neat to see Mom working with my kiddo for those 2 hours.

The reassuring touch and loving patience of grandma helping granddaughter around the edge of the rink.


And when daughter/granddaughter was taking a break, it was so cool to see Mom skate quickly by me (and my fumbling feet) as she was enjoying some solo time out on the ice.

Yup, great memories.

And no snow/ice on my butt.

Out for now.......

Matt