ShamShake

So I'm driving by McDonalds and see this on the sign outside:

TRY A SHAMROCK SHAKE

Ah yes, the ShamShake.  The first green of Spring.

Yum. Yum. Yum.

I always try to buy one each year as part of my personal celebration of St. P. day.

Go Patrick!


The silly concoction has been around since 1970:


Like me, this guy (Drake Baer) thinks ShamShakes are absolutely great (http://www.businessinsider.com/why-shamrock-shakes-are-great-2015-2):
For someone who wasn't raised in a religious household, the seasonal beverage was one of my first introductions into seasonal ritual. While snow was still on the ground in the Rockford, Illinois, of my childhood, the minty green drink was a harbinger of spring, a promise that the winter would one day depart.


However, I spotted this article about ShamShakes that concerned me somewhat......

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER DRINK A MCDONALD’S SHAMROCK SHAKE


Reading this one made me start rethinking my desire for a ShamShake (kinda).

Such as:
If you decide to order a small, 12-ounce Shamrock Shake, you will drink:
*530 Calories
*15 Grams of Fat (24% U.S. Daily Value)
*10 Grams of Saturated Fat (49% U.S. Daily Value)
*1 Gram of Trans Fat
*73 Grams of Sugar 
*160 Milligrams of Sodium (7% U.S.Daily Value)

And then there's this:
A “shake” should have 4-6 main ingredients and less than 10 in total, not 33. With the Shamrock Shake, McDonald’s is serving up chemical s$*#%!#t storm that is full of artificial preservatives and colorings that are toxic to your body’s systems.

Oh, how encouraging.

12 ounces of green delishishness filled with stuff my body does not need.

But, but, but..... just 1 ShamShake this season won't hurt, right??

I promise not to eat a McRib with it.

Or a McChicken.

Out for now.....

Matt