Picture 7/27: Family Screen

July 27
(picture 209 of 365)

Beauty lies within:


This screen door is now at our house, having been "found again" in the dimness of one of the barns on our family farm.

Yes, it is old.

And yes, it is in need of repairs and clean-up.

But underneath that age is a door absolutely full of history, having formerly been a part of a house that was in the family for generations.

Which of my ancestors used this door?

Which of my ancestors got yelled at for slamming this door?

Did any of my (clumsy) ancestors put his/her hand thru the screen?

Looking at a beautiful piece of family history like this door conjures up all sorts of questions about the past and my past.

All those who went before me that I never met, never spoke to, never knew.

Faces...... ancestors...... who passed thru this door who have now passed into history.

Out for now........

Matt